Fresh Mint tea recipe | Easy Pudina drinks is made with a fresh herb with good flavour which can be served either warm with honey or cold with lemon. Mint, the popular herb has several benefits which include proper digestion and weight loss, relief from nausea, depression, fatigue, and headache. It is used in the treatment of asthma, memory loss, and skin care problems. This well-known mouth and breath freshener is scientifically known as Mentha and has more than two dozen species and hundreds of varieties. It is an herb that has been used for hundreds of years for its remarkable medicinal properties. To know about mint click – Health benefits of mint We have already prepared a few herbal tea such as Aavarampoo Tea, Semparuthi tea recipe, Tulasi-Ginger-Pepper Tea and Ginger Tea
To prepare hot tea:-
- water – 3 cups
- mint / pudina leaves – handful
- honey – 1 tsp
1. Heat 3 cups of water in a tea pan.
2. When it boils put the well cleaned mint leaves in it.
3. Switch off the stove. Close it with a lid and keep for five minutes.
4. After five minutes mint leaves will be lightly cooked and turns colour.
5. Now filter the mint leaves and separate the tea.
5. Add one tsp of honey and mix well. Garnish with a mint leaf and serve warm.
6. To prepare a cold drink add one tsp of lemon juice to one cup of mint tea after cooling to room temperature. Add honey or sugar and refrigerate it. You can also add Iceland cubes and serve chilled.
You can also prepare apple mint, pineapple mint, ginger mint, grapefruit mint, orange mint, basil mint and many more. I will post one by one.
More juice varieties in my website are