Fresh Mint tea recipe or Pudina drink is prepared with fresh herb for good flavour and served either hot or cold with lemon. Mint the popular herb has several benefits which include proper digestion and weight loss, relief from nausea, depression, fatigue, and headache. It is also used in the treatment of asthma, memory loss, and skin care problems. This well known mouth and breath freshener is scientifically known as Mentha and has more than two dozen species and hundreds of varieties. It is a herb that has been used for hundreds of years for its remarkable medicinal properties. To know about mint click on – Health benefits of mint We have already prepared few herbal tea such as
Now let us see how to prepare this mint tea in easy steps.
Preparation time:- 15 minutes
To serve:- 3 persons
To prepare hot tea:-
Fresh Mint tea recipe – Ingredients:-
- water – 3 cups (600 ml)
- mint / pudina leaves – handful
- honey – 1 tsp
Fresh Mint tea recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all boil three cups of water in a tea pan.
2. Secondly when water boils put the well cleaned mint leaves in it.
3. Let it boil for two minutes during this time the juice in mint will completely merge with water. After that switch off the stove. Close the tea with a lid and keep for five minutes.
4. After five minutes mint leaves will be lightly cooked and turns colour.
5. Finally filter the mint leaves and separate the tea using a tea filter.
5. You an add one tea spoon of honey and mix well. Garnish with a mint leaf and serve warm.
To prepare cold tea:-
6. After cooling to room temperature and after filtering add one tea spoon of lemon juice and one tea spoon of honey or sugar, mix well and refrigerate it. You can also add ice cubes if required and serve chilled.
You can also prepare apple mint, pineapple mint, ginger mint, grapefruit mint, orange mint, basil mint and many more tea in this same method. I will post one by one.
Even more juice varieties in my website are