Fish kheema recipe | minced fish curry Will be a tasty side dish that can be served with roti, chapathi, puri or rice. You might have bought chicken, mutton and lamb in minced form. Here we mince fish while cooking as it is too soft and gets cooked easily in a very short time. Here we add onion, tomato, spices and salt to increase taste and flavour. We have already prepared few dishes with fish such as Crispy Fish Fry, Fish kuzhambu, Fish Fingers, Fish Coconut milk Kuzhambu, Fish Cutlet and Malabar fish fry.
Niw let us go to the recipe.
- fish – 300 grams
- onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- garlic – 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
- tomato – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- oil – 2 tsps
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves – few
- chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- pepper powder / milagu podi – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
1. Heat oil in a fry pan and add cumin seeds.
2. When it splutters add curry leaves and fry.
3. Next add chopped onion and fry.
4. When it turns pale add chopped garlic and fry.
5. Next add chopped tomatoes.
6. Now add all the spice powders with salt. Sprinkle little water if needed, close and cook in low flame.
7. When onion and tomatoes gets cooked well and becomes thick add boneless fish pieces and fry continuously because it may stick to the bottom of the pan.
8. Fry and break the fish pieces while cooking.