Fish Coconut milk Kuzhambu recipe | மீன் குழம்பு is a kuzhambu was prepared using fishes, coconut milk, salt and spices. Here we grind some amount of onions and coconut along with the spices. Rest of the onions were added after chopping and rest of the coconut is added by taking milk from it. You can use any type of fish you wish for this kuzhambu. I have given you the steps below, which will be very easy to follow.
Preparation Time:- 30 minutes
To Serve:- 2 persons
- Fish – 250 grams(any fish you like)
- Onion – 10 number (sambar onions/ pearl onions preferred)
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Tamarind – lemon size (juice extracted)
- Mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves/ karuvepilai – few
- Salt – to taste
- Sesame seeds/ til/ ellu – 2 tblsp
- Dhania powder/ malli podi – 2 tblsp
- Coconut – 2 tsp
- Onion – 2 tblsp
- Green chilly – 1
- Garlic/ Poondu – 3 tblsp
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- Poppy seeds/ kasa kasa – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
1. Extract coconut milk and keep aside.
2. Extract pulp from tamarind and keep ready.
3. Grind all the items given under ‘to grind’ into a fine paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add chopped onions and fry crisp.
6. Add fish pieces and fry a little.
7. Pour coconut milk, add salt and curry leaves. Cook in low flame, add tamarind water. Fishes will be cooked soon.