Field beans curry recipe | Mochai masala curry is tasty side dish prepared for rice or parathas along with peanuts, cumin, coconut, red chillies, onion and tomato. Know about field beans through the link Field beans. We have already prepared a few recipes with field beans such as field beans sundal, Field beans kootu, field beans rice, Pongal Kuzhambu , Navadhanya Sundal and Chettinad vendaikkai-Mochai Mandi.
- Field beans / mochai – 1/2 kg
- potato – 1 (chopped)
- onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- tomato – 1 cup (chopped)
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- curry leaves – few
- turmeric powder / manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – 1 tsp
- ghee – 1 tsp
To dry roast and grind:-
- red chillies / vara milagai – 7-8 number
- groundnuts / peanuts – 2 tsp
- fennel seeds / sombu – 1 tsp
- kush kush / kasa kasa – 1 tsp
- grated coconut – 2 tsp
1. Chop onions, tomato and potato after scraping the skin. Separate field beans from pods and keep all the ingredients ready. Heat one tsp of oil and add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
2. When it pops up add chopped onions and sauté.
3. When onions turn pale add chopped tomatoes.
4. When tomatoes becomes mushy add field beans.
5. Sauté for few minutes and add chopped potatoes.
6. Sauté for one minute and transfer to a pressure cooker along with 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and 1/2 a cup of water.
7. Meanwhile dry roast red chillies and peanuts in a fry pan.
8. When it is roasted, add fennel seeds, kush kush and grated coconut.
9. Fry well, cool down and grind it in a mixie adding enough water.
10. Now open the cooker and add ground paste along with salt.
11. Mix well keep in low flame for few minutes.