Fenugreek-Greengram Sprout Curry recipe | Healthy food prepared as side dish for phulkas, Naan , paratha and rice. Onion, tomato, spices & salt with sprouts were the ingredients. Click on Best benefits of sprouts to know more about sprouts and its nutritional value.
- fenugreek sprouts / mulaikkatiya vendhayam – 3/4 cup
- green gram sprouts / mulaikkatiya paasipayaru – 3/4 cup
- onions – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- garlic / poondu – 1 clove
- tomatoes – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder – manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
1. This process starts before one day. Make sprouts using fenugreek seeds and green gram seeds following Home made sprouts
2. Chop onion and tomatoes and keep all the ingredients ready.
3. Heat one tsp of oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and when it splutters add curry leaves.
4. Now add chopped onion, garlic and sauté for few minutes till it turns pale.
5. Next add chopped tomatoes. Sauté for few minutes, close and cook till tomatoes becomes mushy.
6. Then add red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
7. Sauté till raw smell leaves the pan and oil oozes as in the photo below.
8. Now add one cup of water. Close and cook for few minutes.
9. When it boils well and oil floats on top as shown in the photo below
10. Now add the sprouts to the gravy.
11. Keep it in medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Check for taste and add salt if needed.
12. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as side dish along with rice, roti, Phulkas or naan.