ellu urundai recipe | sesame laddu recipe has many health benefits. Sesame seeds are a good source of protein, helps to get a healthy glowing skin, stimulates hair growth, prevents scalp problem, natural sunscreen, improves blood circulation, cures anemia, helps in digestion, prevents respiratory disorders and diabetes.
The main ingredients used to prepare Ellu urundai are Ellu / sesame seeds, ground nuts and jaggery. There are three types of sesame seeds available in the market. They are black , brown and white sesame seeds. Any how the health benefits are the same. I have used white sesame seeds. It is very easy to prepare and you can make this within 15 minutes. Now let us see how to prepare this easy healthy recipe.
A short video link for the recipe:-
ellu urundai recipe – Ingredients:-
- ellu / sesame seeds – 1 cup
- jaggery / vellam – 1/2 cup
- ground nut / peanut / nila kadalai – 1 tblsp
ellu urundai recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly dry roast ground nuts in medium flame until you get black dots.
2. Secondlydry roast sesame seeds separately in the pan until it pops up and you get a nice flavour.
3. After that remove skin from ground nuts.
4. Thirdly grind ground nuts coarsly.
5. Similarly grind sesame seeds coarsly.
6. Further grind jaggery in the mixie or buy powdered jaggery. Mix all the ground sesame seeds, ground nuts and jaggery in a bowl.
7. Finally make laddus with your hands. You can use this as prasadham or neivedhyam for god. It has a lot of health benefits which I have given in the beginning.