Egg | muttai dosa recipe | முட்டை தோசை was a very easy to prepare recipe for everyone, especially for bachelors. This can be prepared in few minutes when ever you are hungry. Though it’s easy to cook, it has numerous health benefits and it is tasty too. There are so many varieties of dosai among which this is one. Each dosai has its own taste. When I am young I used to confuse the name between egg omelet and egg dosa often 😊
This dosa is actually prepared with the combination of rice batter and egg. We make dosa at first using rice batter and above it we pour the contents of egg. To add more taste and flavour we add finely chopped vegetables like carrot, onion, and fresh coriander leaves above the egg. Dosai will be well cooked on both sides to golden yellow, sprinkling oil above. Dosa lovers can try this and enjoy its taste.
- dosa batter – 1 cup
- egg/muttai – 1
- onion, fresh coriander leaves and carrot – 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
- salt/ uppu – to taste
- pepper and cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat dosa pan, add 2 ladle of batter and spread it into a circle. Break and pour the contents of egg above the dosa.
2. Spread egg evenly above the dosa using a spoon.
3. Spread chopped carrot, onion and fresh coriander leaves above it and sprinkle one tsp of oil. Close and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Turn the side and cook the other side also for two minutes. When both sides get well cooked and dosa turns golden yellow remove from pan. Sprinkle salt, cumin and pepper powder above the dosa and serve hot. No side dishes required for this dosa.