Egg dosa recipe is a very easy to prepare recipe for everyone, especially for bachelors. You can prepare this dosa in few minutes when ever you are hungry. Though it is easy to cook, it has numerous health benefits and it is tasty too. We have already seen so many dosa varieties such as javvarisi dosai, multi millets dosai, red rice dosai, crispy corn dosai . When I am young I used to confuse the name between egg omelet and egg dosa often. ,
We prepare this dosa with the combination of rice batter and egg. At first we make dosa using rice batter and above it we pour the contents of egg. To add more taste and flavour we add finely chopped vegetables like carrot, onion, and fresh coriander leaves above the egg. Dosai should be well cooked on both sides to golden yellow, sprinkling oil above. This is one more good recipe for dosa lovers.
Egg dosa recipe – Ingredients:-
- dosa batter – 1 cup
- egg / muttai – 1
- onion, fresh coriander leaves and carrot – 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
- salt / uppu – to taste
- pepper and cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
Egg dosa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly heat a dosa pan, add 2 ladle of batter and spread it into a circle. Secondly break and pour the contents of egg above the dosa.
2. Thirdly spread egg evenly above the dosa using a spoon.
3. Further spread chopped carrot, onion and fresh coriander leaves above it and sprinkle one tea spoon of oil. Close and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Finally turn the side and cook the other side also for two minutes. When both sides get well cooked and dosa turns golden yellow remove from pan. Sprinkle salt, cumin and pepper powder above the dosa and serve hot. No side dishes required for this dosa.