Egg Gravy recipe | Muttai kuzhambu | முட்டை குழம்பு is a tasty side dish prepared with eggs, tamarind, salt and spices for rice. An easy to prepare healthy recipe with egg.
- Eggs – 4
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1
- Tomato – 1 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
1. Grind coconut and cumin seeds together in a mixie.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onion and sauté.
3. Next add ginger and garlic paste, followed by green chilly and chopped tomatoes with salt. Sauté for a few minutes.
4. Add water and turmeric powder. Close lid and cook for few minutes.
5. When tomatoes and onions gets cooked, add sambar powder and ground coconut, along with water if required.
6. Let it boil. Add garam masala powder. Now break eggs and pour the contents one by one in different places, individually in gaps.
7. Do not disturb the eggs with spoon. Close lid and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Now turn the eggs, and allow to cook on the other side.
9. When both the sides were cooked, switch off flame and transfer to serving bowl.
10. Serve along with phulkas, rice, naan or parathas.
For more kuzhambu recipes in my website click on the links below