Egg Biriyani recipe | Muttai Biriyani | Poongodi’s kitchen is a biriyani as same as that of other biriyani’s, but here we use boiled eggs cut into halves ? with spices and salt.
- Eggs – 3
- Basmathi rice – 1.5 cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cinnomon stick – 1 inch
- Cloves – 4
- Green Cardomom – 2
- Green chillies – 3 (slit)
- Ginger – 1 inch (chopped)
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Mint/pudina – 2 tblsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon – 1/2 fruit
- Salt – to taste
1. Cover and cook eggs in a kadai without breaking, in enough water. Remove shells, cut into halves and keep ready.
2. Cook rice with half a tsp of Garam masala, little salt and 2-3 drops of oil, with 3 cups of water or in excess water and drain it. Rice should not be fully cooked. It should break when touched.
3. Heat ghee in a pan.
4. Add bay leaf, cinnomon stick, cloves and green Cardomom.
5. Add green chillies.
6. Add chopped ginger pieces.
7. Add chopped onions.
8. Close and cook for few minutes.
9. Now open and add chopped tomatoes and ginger garlic paste.
10. Again close for a few minutes. Add chopped mint/pudina leaves.
11. Add the spice powders.
12. Sprinkle little water if needed, close and cook till the tomatoes become mushy and you get a fine aroma. Now keep the egg pieces inside the masala mix. Keep closed and let it be in low flame for few minutes.
13. Now add cooked rice slowly above the masala mix, without breaking. Put some mint above it. Sprinkle lemon juice over it.
14. Close and keep it in low flame for 10 more minutes.
15. Open and mix the biriyani upside down slowly, without breaking the eggs and rice.
16. Serve along with any raitha.