Easy Potato masala recipe | Aloo masala curry is an easy to prepare tasty recipe with potato which can be used for various purposes to fill dosas, parathas, sandwiches or as side dishes for puri or rice. Ingredients are very simple which we always have at home such as potatoes, onion, salt and chilly powder. Now let us see how to prepare this easy recipe.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Easy Potato masala recipe – Ingredients:-
- potato / aloo – 4-5 number
- onion – 1 big (chopped)
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- turmeric powder / manjal thool – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai thool – 1 tsp
- garlic cloves – few (crushed)
- salt / uppu – to taste
Easy Potato masala recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly cook potatoes with enough water in a pressure cooker for one whistle. Once pressure is released transfer to cold water, remove skin, chop it into cubes and keep it ready.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and asafoetida.
3. Further add curry leaves and chopped onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
4. When it turns pale, add tomatoes, cooked and chopped potatoes along with salt, turmeric powder and red chilly powder.
5. Now add crushed garlic cloves. Mix well all the ingredients, close and keep it in low flame for 2-3 minutes. Finally sprinkle little water if needed. Switch off stove when raw smell leaves and transfer to a serving bowl.