Easy fish fry recipe | crispy fried fish can be served as side dish with any variety rice or as an appetiser. This fish fry needs double marination. First marination to absorb all the spices and the second marination to form a crispy crust to the fish. This fry can be grilled or shallow fry or tawa fry in little oil. It is best to serve immediately after preparing. Click – Health benefits fish.
Easy fish fry recipe – Ingredients:-
- fish slices – 1/2 kg
- oil – as needed
Easy fish fry recipe – First marination:-
- ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1/2 tsp
- garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- lemon juice – as needed
Easy fish fry recipe – Second marination:-
- rice flour / arisi maavu – 2 tblsp
- besan / gram flour – 2 tblsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/4 tsp
- fennel seeds powder / sombu podi – 1/2 tsp
- kasuri methi / dry fenugreek leaves – 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- salt – to taste (adjust, we have added already in first marination)
Easy fish fry recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Wash and clean the fish pieces and keep it ready.
2. Take all ingredients given under first marination and mix well using lemon juice. Add few drops of water if needed and make it into a paste.
3. Marinate the fish pieces by applying the paste over the fish pieces. Keep it aside.
4. Now take all the ingredients needed for second marination and mix well. Place the marinated fish over the flour mixture. Coat the fish pieces on both the sides with this flour mixture. Allow it to set till it turns moist or around 15 minutes. Now it sticks well to the fish.
5. Heat fry pan with required oil. I have deep fried the fish pieces. Keep it in low flame and fry the fish pieces.
6. When one side was fried well, turn to the other side and fry.
7. When both sides turns crispy and golden remove from oil. Fry few curry leaves and garnish. Serve when it is hot along with sliced onions and lemon pieces. Can be served along with any type of rice , Lemon Rice , Tomato rice , Groundnut rice , Nellikkai sadham or Maangai Sadham .
8. This can also be shallow fried or pan fried with little amount of oil. Taste will be the same. If you wish to grill, spray or brush little amount of oil over the fish pieces, heat the oven at 170C for 15 minutes and grill for about 20-25 minutes. It depends on the thickness of the variety and thickness of the fish pieces.