Drumstick leaves | Murungai Keerai vadai recipe teaches you to prepare a crispy tasty vadai out of the drumstick leaves called as murungai Keerai in tamil which is rich in calcium, iron, vitamins and minerals. Murungai Keerai vadai is an easy recipe which is prepared along with channa dal. It is also called as “keera vadai”
This vadai will be crispy and can be prepared as evening snacks for children and elders and as side dish for lunch. Vadai becomes very healthy with green fresh murungai leaves. Enjoy preparing this tastiest vadai following my instructions. Give your valuable comments after preparing this recipe.
It is a super food /health benefits of drumstick
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- drumstick/murungai Keerai – 1.5 cups
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- Oil – for deep frying
Ingredients to grind for preparing vadai:-
- channa dal – 1 cup (soaked in water)
- Red chillies – 3
- garlic pods – 5 no
- fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
1. Soak Chanda dal in water for 2 hours
2. Clean and separate drumstick/murungai Keerai from the stem. Chop it if the leaves are bigger in size. (Chopping is optional)
3. Leave one tsp of soaked Channa dal (this will be added without grinding with vadai to improve the texture of the vadai) and put the rest of the channa dal in a mixie along with red chillies, garlic, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and salt. Grind coarsley.
4. To the ground mixture add the left out soaked channa dal, chopped onion and drumstick/murungai Keerai. Mix well and prepare the dough.
5. Heat oil in a kadai. Take lemon sized balls of dough flatten it using your fingers and deep fry in oil. Turn the sides and fry till it turns golden brown.
6. No need for any side dish for this vadai. You can serve as evening snacks or with rice.
I have given a video link below for preparing this vadai.
Other Murungai keerai / drumstick leaves recipes in my website are as follows