Drumstick leaves | Murungai Keerai vadai recipe teaches you to prepare a crispy tasty vadai out of the drumstick leaves called as murungai Keerai in tamil which is rich in calcium, iron, vitamins and minerals. Murungai Keerai vadai is an easy recipe which is prepared along with channa dal. It is also called as “keera vadai”
This vadai will be crispy and can be prepared as evening snacks for children and elders and as side dish for lunch. Vadai becomes very healthy with green fresh murungai leaves. Enjoy preparing this tastiest vadai following my instructions. Give your valuable comments after preparing this recipe.
It is a super food and the below link explains about it.
Cuisine: South Indian
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
A short video link for the recipe:-
Murungai Keerai vadai recipe – Ingredients:-
- drumstick/murungai Keerai – 1.5 cups
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- Oil – for deep frying
Murungai Keerai vadai recipe – Ingredients to grind for preparing vadai:-
- channa dal / kadalai paruppu – 1 cup (soaked in water)
- Red chillies / vara milagai – 3
- garlic cloves / poondu – 5 no
- fennel seeds / sombu – 1/2 tsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
Murungai Keerai vadai recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly soak channa dal in water for 2 hours.
2. Mean while clean and separate drumstick /murungai Keerai from the stem. Chop it if the leaves are bigger in size. (Chopping is optional)
3. After two hours of soaking leave one tea spoon of soaked channa dal (this will be added without grinding with vadai to improve the texture of the vadai) and put the rest of the channa dal in a mixie along with red chillies, garlic, fennel seeds, cumin seeds and salt and grind coarsley.
4. Secondly to the ground mixture add the left out soaked channa dal, chopped onion and drumstick / murungai keerai. Mix well and prepare the dough.
5. Finally heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. Take lemon sized balls of dough flatten it using your fingers and deep fry in oil. Turn the sides and fry till it turns golden brown on both the sides.
6. No need for any side dish for this vadai. You can serve as evening snacks or with rice.
Even more Murungai keerai / drumstick leaves recipes in my website are as follows