Drumstick flowers pulao recipe is a tasty and healthy pulao which we prepare with Murungai poo_basmati rice, green chillies, onion, spices and salt.
A video link for the recipe:-
Drumstick flowers pulao recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- basmati rice – 1 cup
- murungai poo / drumstick flowers- 1 cup
- onin / vengayam – 1 cup (chopped)
- garlic / poondu – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 3 (slit)
- cinnamon / pattai – 1 inch
- bay leaf / brinji ilai – 1
- cardomom / elakkai – 2 number
- cloves / kirambu – 3 number
Drumstick flowers pulao recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak basmati rice in water.
2. Mean while remove drumstick flowers from its stalks, wash well and keep it ready.
3. On the other hand chop onions, garlic, slit green chillies and take all the spices and keep it ready.
4. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil and one tea spoon of ghee in a fry pan and add all the spices such as cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cardomom and cloves.
5. When the spices splutters add slit green chillies.
6. After that add chopped onion and sauté.
7. Like wise add chopped garlic and cumin seeds and fry.
8. Similarly add drumstick flowers and sauté until it shrinks.
9. Further add soaked basmati rice and sauté well.
10. Transfer all the fried ingredients to an electric cooker. (Cooking in electric cooker will be fine for making pulao Cooking rice in electric cooker) Add rice:water in the ratio of 1:2
11. Add required salt.
12. Close and cook. When rice is cooked well add lemon juice
13. Similarly add chopped coriander and mix well without breaking the rice.
14. Finally fry few cashew nuts in ghee and garnish. Serve with any desired side dish or raita.
15. If you like this recipe share it with your friends. Subscribe to receive more such recipes.