drumstick flower sambar recipe is a tasty and healthy sambar. We prepare it with drumstick flowers, pearl onions, garlic, tomato, toor dal, tamarind, salt and sambar powder.
A short video link for the recipe:-
drumstick flower sambar recipe – Ingredients:-
- murungai poo / drumstick flowers – 1 cup
- pearl onions / sambar onions – 10 number
- garlic / poondu – 6 number
- tomato – 1 (chopped)
- sambar powder – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- tamarind paste / puzhi paste – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- cooked toor dal – 1 cup
drumstick flower sambar recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- Curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
drumstick flower sambar recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly remove the drumstick flowers from its stalks, wash well and keep it ready. Also chop onions, garlic, tomato and keep them ready.
2. Secondly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds.
3. When it splutters add urad dal and asafoetida.
4. Like wise add pearl onions and fry.
5. Similarly add garlic cloves and fry.
6. After that add curry leaves.
7. Next to that add chopped tomatoes.
8. Now add drumstick flowers and fry.
9. When the flowers shrink add a cup of water and cook in medium flame.
10. Further add 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric powder.
11. Then add one tea spoon of sambar powder.
12. Then add one tea spoon of salt.
13. Similarly add half a tea spoon of tamarind paste.
14. Mix well and add cooked toor dal.
15. Finally check for consistency and taste therefore you can add what ever is needed for the sambar. Serve this sambar as side dish along with rice.