Drumstick flower Poriyal recipe is a tasty side dish prepared with the healthy Moringa oleifera flowers. Onion, green chilly, coconut, toor dals were added.
Even more recipes with drumstick flowers are as follows:-
Drumstick flower Poriyal recipe – Ingredients:-
- murungai poo / drumstick flowers – 1 cup
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chilly / pachai milagai – 1 (slit)
- toor dal / thuvaram paruppu – 1 tblsp (cooked)
- grated coconut / thengai thuruval – 1 table spoon
- salt – to taste
Drumstick flower Poriyal recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – pinch
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
Drumstick flower Poriyal recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly collect one cup of Murungai poo, remove from stalks wash and keep it ready.
2. Secondly cook toor dal in an open container and stop before it breaks and keep it ready.
3. On the other hand chop onion, slit green chilly, grate coconut and keep the ingredients ready.
4. Thirdly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and asafoetida. When it turns golden add chopped onions, curry leaves and slit green chilly.
5. Similarly add drumstick flowers and sauté after the onion turns pale.
6. When the flowers shrink add a cup of water, close and cook for few minutes till the flowers become soft.
7. After that add required salt.
8. Finally add cooked toor dal and grated coconut.
8. Mix well and keep it in low flame for one minute. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve as side dish with rice.