Delicious kadai Mushroom recipe | Veg recipe is a delicious side dish for all breads prepared using mushrooms, chopped onions, tomato purée, spices & salt.
Spices for kadai masala:-
- Bay leaf – 1 (or cinnomon stick – 1 inch)
- Red chillies – 3 to 4
- Coriander seeds – 1 tblsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – 4 no
- Cloves – 2
- Cardomom – 1
- Mushroom – 250 gms(washed and chopped)
- Onion – 2 (chopped)
- Tomato – 2 (purée)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp (dried methi leaves)
- Oil – 3 tblsp
1. Dry roast all the spices given under kadai masala, cool down to room temperature and grind coarsely.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add chopped mushrooms and sauté for some minutes. Water content in mushroom will come out and later it shrinks and when oil floats as in the photo, remove it to a bowl.
3. In the same oil in kadai, add chopped onion and fry.
4. When it turns colour add ginger and garlic. Fry for few more minutes in low or medium flame.
5. Now add puréed tomatoes.
6. Along with it add salt, ground masala powder and turmeric powder. Mix well.
7. Add a cup of water and keep in low flame.
8. When tomatoes become mushy, add fried mushrooms to it, mix well and lower the flame. Keep it in low flame for 8-10 minutes.
9. When the gravy becomes thick add kasuri methi to it.
10. Mix well and transfer to serving bowl. Serve as side dish for roti, phulkas, naan or parathas.
Other mushroom recipes in my website are as follows