dates laddu recipe | perichambazha urundai is a healthy laddu prepared with dates, sesame seeds and cashew nuts. Cashew nuts can be substituted with ground nuts. This is a very healthy sweet with the goodness of dates and sesame seeds in which both are rich in iron, potassium and fiber. This promotes digestion, heart health and reduces blood pressure. We can prepare this laddu during festivals like diwali.
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- dates / perichambazham – 2 cups
- sesame seeds / ellu – 1 cup
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – as needed
- cardomom / elakkai – 4 number
1. Remove the stalk portion and the seeds from dates. If it is a seedless one skip this step. Dry roast sesame seeds in a pan till it splutters.
2. Dry roast cashew nuts till it turns golden.
3. Cool down roasted sesame seeds and grind 3/4 th of sesame seeds along with cardomoms. Keep the remaining 1/4 th of sesame seeds to roll over the laddu.
4. Mash the dates well with your hands if you were using soft dates. If the dates were hard, chop them and sauté in ghee for few minutes until they become soft and then mash to form a dough.
5. Add ground sesame seeds and roasted cashew nuts to the bowl.
6. Mix all the ingredients evenly to form a dough.
7. Take little mixture and roll to balls.
8. Roll them in the balance 1/4 th roasted sesame seeds.
9. Serve then during the snacks time along with tea. Store the remaining laddus in air tight containers and use.