dahi puri recipe | mumbai street chaat with detail photos, a popular street food which is prepared very similar to sev puri, but filled with sweetened curd and other sweet and spicy chaat chutneys. This is an evening snacks and perhaps as a dessert after other chaat recipes. This is served with mini puri which is used in pani puri.
We have already prepared a few Mumbai chaat recipes such as Pav Bhaji, Vada Pav, Chole Bhature, Gobi manchurian, Aloo Samosa, Pani Puri and many more. To know more about Mumbai street food click the link – Mumbai street food . Today let us see how to prepare dahi puri which everyone will like.
Ingredients:- (13 ingredients. 200 ml cup used)
- mini puris – 6 number (Preparation of pani puri)
- potato – 1 (boiled and peeled)
- curd / dahi / thayir / yogurt – 1 cup
- sugar – 1 tsp
- onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- tomato – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- sev – 1/2 cup
- tamarind dates chutney – 6 tsps (Sweet tamarind dates chutney)
- green chutney – 6 tsps (Green chutney)
- red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- chaat masala powder – 1 tsp
- coriander leaves – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- salt – to taste
1. Make hole at the centre of the mini puri using your thumb.
2. Stuff few boiled potato pieces into each puri.
3. Take a cup of thick curd and mix one tsp of sugar in it.
4. Add 1/2 tsp of curd into each puri.
5. Put chopped onions in each puri.
6. Next sprinkle chopped tomatoes.
7. Top with generous amount of sev above all the puris.
8. Then put tamarind dates chutney.
9. Next put green chutney into each puri.
10. Sprinkle red chilly powder.
11. Sprinkle chaat masala powder.
12. Next put black salt or cooking salt.
13. Again top up with a tsp of curd.
14. Finally garnish with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
15. Again garnish with little sev and serve immediately when the puris are crispy.