Cucumber tomato curd salad recipe | Healthy salads is very easy which we can prepare in 2 minutes. Cucumber and tomato are the vegetables which we use here. We do dressing with curd, pepper and salt. Beginners, kids as well as seniors can prepare this salad and enjoy its taste and health benefits.
Water soluble vitamins such as vitamin C and B vitamins are often lost during cooking process. Minerals like potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc may be reduced upto 60-70%. Glucosinolate, the Sulfur containing nutrients in braccoli that may fight cancer is also decreased when the vegetable is boiled. The amount of nutrients lost depends on cooking methods.
Consuming more raw vegetables will improve your health by reducing your risk of heart disease. Further helps to maintain body weight and reducing your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Pick the best what is in season for it will be fresh and flavourful. This will also reduce your budget. Bell pepper, mangoes, pumpkins in summer and cauliflower, peas and radish in winter.
Now let us see how to prepare a healthy vegetable salad using this cucumber and tomato.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
To serve: 2 persons
Cucumber tomato curd salad – Ingredients:-
- cucumber / vellarikkai – 1
- tomato / thakkali – 1
Cucumber tomato curd salad – Ingredients for dressing:-
- curd / yoghurt / thayir – 1 tblsp (whisk)
- pepper powder / milagu podi – 1/2 tsp (coarsly crushed)
- salt / uppu – to taste
Cucumber tomato curd salad – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and wipe the cucumber and tomato. Cut the stalk portion divide into two halves and make thick slices of both the vegetables. Here we do not scrap the skin. We use the healthy skin too fully in this salad.
2. Secondly whisk the curd along with salt and pepper. Finally toss the vegetables with the dressing and serve. It will taste yummy with the taste of curd.
For other salads in my website please click on the following links