Cucumber peanut Salad recipe | Vellarikkai Nilakadalai Is prepared with Cucumber a low calorie vegetable with high water content. It cures diabetes, reduces cholesterol and controls blood pressure. It is an ideal diet for people looking for weight loss. Cucumber can be consumed by preparing raita or salads. Here let us see about the preparation of Cucumber salad along with peanuts for its crispness.
- cucumber/ vellarikkai – 2 cups (chopped)
- peanuts/ ground nuts/ nila kadalai – 1/2 cup (skin removed)
- coconut – 1/4 cup (large flakes toasted)
- lemon juice – 2 tsp
- sugar – 1 tsp
- green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- ghee/ nei – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds/ kadugu – 1 tsp
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- salt/ uppu – 1/2 tsp
- fesh coriander/ cilantro – finely chopped for topping
1. Remove the skin from cucumber, cut into quarter lengthwise, remove seeds and chop finely.
2. Add cucumber, green chilli, coconut, lemon juice, sugar, salt & peanuts.
Fry mustard & cumin seeds in ghee in a pan and mix it with the salad. Put cilantro & serve.
(Add peanuts just before serving, so that it will be crispy)