Crispy Sweetcorn | kurkure | Crunch | Rice flour is an easy to prepare snacks which will not take more than 20 minutes. Though many of us avoid eating fried items, we need it in between meals for a change or for a feast. This crispy Sweetcorn is often served in BBQ
The corn flour | rice flour added in this recipe adds crispness to the snacks. You may buy full corns and separate the kernels or buy corn kernels in packets and use for this recipe. To separate the kernels, first remove the silk and husks, break it into two and cut out the kernels using a knife.
Here we cook the kernels in boiling water, then deep fry in oil with flour coatings. Everyone will love this snacks because of its crispness. This can be prepared as evening snacks in between meals, or as prasadham for goddess Durga during Navarathri.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
To serve : 2
Crispy Sweetcorn Kurkure – Ingredients:-
- sweet corn – 2 cups (1/4 kg)
- corn flour or rice flour – 2 tblsp (here I have used rice flour)
- salt – to taste
- red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- cumin powder/seeragapodi – 1/4 tsp
- lemon juice – few drops
- spring onion – to garnish
Crispy Sweetcorn Kurkure – Method:-
1. First of all cook sweet corn in boiling water for 2 minutes.
2. Then drain water and separate cooked corns using a filter.
3. After that add corn flour or rice flour and salt and mix well until it was fully coated with the flour.
4. Finally heat oil in a fry pan and deep fry sweet corn kernels. Separate the corns while frying in oil using a ladle.
5. Once when sweet corns were fried well remove from oil and place it on an absorbent paper to remove excess of oil.
6. After that in a bowl, toss the fried corns along with red chilly powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder with few drops of lemon juice.
7. Garnish with partially fried spring onions and serve at once.
Even more related recipes in my website are