Crispy Sabudana vada recipe | Javvarisi Vadai is prepared with sago, potato, peanuts, green chillies, coriander leaves, besan and salt & deep fried in oil. Here we prepare a Vadai, which can be used as starters, snacks or as side dish during meals. This is one among the Mumbai street food. We have already prepared many Mumbai chaats such as Pav Bhaji, Vada Pav, Chole Bhature, Aloo Samosa, Vegetable Cutlet, Gobi manchurian and Pani Puri.
Now let us see about the preparation of Sabudana / Javvarisi vadai.
Crispy Sabudana vada recipe – Ingredients:-
- sabudana / sago / javvarisi – 1 cup
- medium size potatoes – 2 number
- peanuts / groundnuts – 1/2 cup
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 1 tsp
- green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- fresh coriander leaves – 2 tblsp (finely chopped)
- besan / gram flour – 1 tsp (optional)
- salt – to taste
- oil – for deep frying
Crispy Sabudana vada recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly soak sabudana in water for 5 hours or overnight. So that it will become soft. Drain soaked water completely and put it in a mixing bowl.
2. Secondly cook potatoes in a pressure cooker and once when pressure is released, cool down and remove skin.
3. On the other hand roast the groundnuts well in a pan, remove skin and grind coarsly in a mixie.
4. After that take all the ingredients, soaked sago, cooked potatoes, ground peanuts, cumin seeds, finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and salt in a bowl.
5. Further mix well and make it into a dough.
6. Make round balls out of it for making vada.
7. Finally heat enough oil in a fry pan for deep frying vada. Flatten the dough balls you have made already and deep fry in oil. Turn the sides and fry till it turns golden on both the sides.
8. Serve as evening snacks, or as side dish with lunch.
Even more related recipes in my website are as follows:-