Crispy Rice Dosa recipe | அரிசி மா தோசை is a popular food in South India in restaurants, homes as well as a street food. Dosa is prepared using rice and urad dal. Both rice and urad dal were ground separately, salt added, mixed well and allowed to ferment for 8-10 hours. Batter rises in level after fermentation. We use this batter to prepare dosa.
Other dosa varieties are
Crispy Rice Dosa recipe – Ingredients:-
- Idli rice/ boiled rice – 4 cups
- urad dal/ ulundham paruppu – 1 cup
- salt/ uppu – to taste
- fenugreek seeds/ vendhayam – 1 tsp (optional)
- dosa pan, flat spatula to take dosa
Crispy Rice Dosa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak rice and urad dal in water for three hours each separately. This can also be soaked together, so that dosa will be little thicker.
2. After 3 hours grind rice and urad dal separately into a fine batter, in a wet grinder, add salt and mix together well to form a smooth batter.
3. Further close the lid and leave it for fermentation for 8 to 10 hours. (Overnight)
4. In the morning batter will rise upto to the rim of the container as shown in the photo.
5. Take some amount of batter in another vessel, and mix well by adding water if necessary, to form a smooth batter and little watery to prepare dosa.
6. Heat a dosa pan and pour two spoons of batter and spread it in circular motion to form a round dosa. Sprinkle one tea spoon of oil above it.
7. close it with a lid and wait for one minute.
8. After 1 minute open the lid and when the dosa get cooked and golden brown colour appears in some places you should remove it.
9. Using a dosa ladle remove from pan. Usually will roll while removing from the pan as in the photo below.
10. Serve with desired chutny.