Crispy Fish Fry-rice flour-bread crumbs recipe is prepared using rice flour, bread crumbs, spices and salt. I have already posted some kuzhambu/ gravy recipes, fry and fish fingers with fishes. I have given the links below this recipe. Today we are preparing fish fry using little different spices and mix. Here we do not deep fry the fish pieces, instead we are frying in little oil. Here I have chosen bone and skinless fish pieces to prepare this fry.
Now let us see how to prepare this fry following the easy steps given below.
- Fish – 10 pieces (bones and skin removed)
- Rice powder/ arisi maavu – 3 tsp
- Bread crumbs/ roti thool – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder/ seeragathool – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder/ malli podi – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste/ inji poondu viludhu – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon – 1/2 fruit
1. Mix all the above spices powder and lemon juice together andmarinate fishes in it. Mix well the spices mixture to touch all sides of the fish pieces. Keep it for 10 – 15 minutes.
2. Spread the fish pieces in a pan and fry with little amount of oil.
3. When it’s fried on one side and the fishes turn golden brown, turn the other side and fry for few more minutes.
4. Serve along with tomato sauce as a starter or snacks in the evening or with rice as side dish.
For other fish recipes in my website, please click on the following links