Yummy Fish Cutlet recipe | Starter | Snacks is one of the tastiest recipe which will be loved by everyone. As we remove the bones in it, children and family members will like to eat fish , if it is in a form of a cutlet. If we add more amount of fish and less amount of potato, the taste will be good. But if you need more number of cutlets you can add more potatoes. Here I have used a mould in a fish slice shape to prepare cutlet. When you prepare cutlets with different ingredients you can use identical shapes for each to differentiate easily.
Preparation Time:- 45 minutes
To Serve:- 3 persons
A short video link for the recipe:-
Yummy Fish Cutlet recipe – Ingredients:-
- Fish – 1/4 kg
- Potato – 1
- Onion- 1(chopped)
- Green chillies – 2
- Garlic – 2 tblsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Egg – 1 or (1 tsp of rice flour mixed in water to dip the cutlets before loading bread crumbs).
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
Yummy Fish Cutlet recipe – Methid of preparation:-
1. Firstly clean and cook fish in water or in steam in an idli pan.(Fishes will be cooked soon) remove at once.
2. Secondly remove bones and keep it in a bowl. If you get boneless this process is not needed. Thirdly cook potato, remove skin and put in the same bowl.
3. Further heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan, add green chillies, onion, garlic and sauté for few minutes. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, pepper powder, mix well and put it in the bowl. Add needed salt.
4. Mash the potatoes and fish and mix all the ingredients together to form a dough. Take beaten eggs or rice powder in water and bread crumbs in a plate.
5. You can make balls and flatten, long like fingers or you can put it into moulds of desired shapes, which is available as in the shops. I have selected the shape of a fish for this.
6. Make the cutlets, dip it in beaten egg or rice in water once and dip it in bread crumbs to form a thick outer coating. Keep it for 10 minutes to set well.
7. Finally deep fry or shallow fry in little oil in medium flame, turn the sides and remove when all sides turn golden brown.
8. Serve with sauce or with any chutney.