Yummy Fish Cutlet recipe | Starter | Snacks is one of the tastiest recipe which will be loved by everyone. As we remove the bones in it, children and family members will like to eat fish, if it is in a form of a cutlet. If we add more amount of fish and less amount of potato, the taste will be good. But if you need more number of cutlets you can add more potatoes. Here I have used a mould in a fish slice shape to prepare cutlet. When you prepare cutlets with different ingredients you can use identical shapes for each to differentiate easily.
Preparation Time:- 45 minutes
To Serve:- 3 persons
- Fish – 1/4 kg
- Potato – 1
- Onion- 1(chopped)
- Green chillies – 2
- Garlic – 2 tblsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Egg – 1 or (1 tsp of rice flour mixed in water to dip the cutlets before loading bread crumbs).
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
1. Clean and cook fish in water or in steam in an idli pan.(Fishes will be cooked soon) remove at once.
2. Remove bones and keep it in a bowl. Cook potato, remove skin and put in the same bowl.
3. Heat oil in pan, add green chillies, onion, garlic and sauté for a few mts. Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, pepper powder, mix well and put it in the bowl. Add needed salt.
4. Mash the potatoes and fish and mix all the ingredients together to form a dough. Take beaten eggs/rice powder in water and bread crumbs in a plate.
5. You can make balls and flatten, long like fingers or you can put it into moulds of desired shapes, which is available as in the shops. I have selected the shape of a fish for this.
6. Make the cutlets, dip it in beaten egg or rice in water once and dip it in bread crums to form a thick outer coating. Keep it for 10 mts to set well.
7. Deep fry in little oil in medium flame, turn the sides and remove when all sides turn golden brown.
8. Serve with sauce or with rice or phulkas.