Crispy corn dosai recipe | மொறுமொறு மக்காச்சோள தோசை is a variety of dosai which will be more crisper and tastier than rice dosai. Corn or Maize is one of the most popular cereals in many countries. The corn kernels come in many colours depending upon the species. Health benefits of corn include controlling diabetes, prevention of heart ailments and lowering hypertension. Corn is a rich source of calories, vitamin B and minerals. It prevents anemia and lowers Cholesterol. It improves bone strength and boosts immune system. Usually we see popcorns available in the market. We can prepare many other dishes using corn.
we have already prepared many dosa’s such as
Now we will see how to prepare dosai using corn. Dosa can be prepared using yellow or white corn. Here I have prepared dosa using white corn. It is available in all supermarkets. These dosas used to be more crispier than rice dosa and every one in the family will love it.
Crispy corn dosai recipe – Ingredients:-
- White corn / white cholam – 1 cup
- idli rice – 1 cup
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 cup
- fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1 tsp
- salt / uppu – 1 tsp
Crispy corn dosai recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Wash and soak corn, rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 2 hours.
2. Grind it nicely in a wet grinder or mixie along with salt.
3. Close and keep for fermentation for 3 hours. If you need it for night dinner, you can prepare this batter in the evening. The level of the batter increases after fermentation as shown in the photo below.
4. Make dosa in a dosa pan, by adding two ladle of batter and spread in a circular motion. Sprinkle one tsp of oil above and close for one minute
5. Open lid after one minute and remove dosa from dosa pan. You can see golden brown colour in the well cooked portions.
6. Serve along with sambar, chutney or podi. This dosa used to be more crispier than ordinary rice dosa.