Crispy corn dosa recipe | மொறுமொறு சோள தோசை is a variety of dosai which will be more crisper and tastier than rice dosai. Sorghum is one of the most popular cereals in many countries. This millet is called as jowar in Hindi. Health benefits of corn include controlling diabetes, prevention of heart ailments and lowering hypertension. Corn is a rich source of calories, vitamin B and minerals. It prevents anemia and lowers Cholesterol. It improves bone strength and boosts immune system. We can prepare many dishes using corn.
we have already prepared many dosa’s such as
Now we will see how to prepare dosai using corn. Here I have prepared dosa using white corn. It is available in all supermarkets. These dosas used to be more crispier than rice dosa and every one in the family will love it.
A short video link for the recipe:-
Crispy corn dosa recipe – Ingredients:-
- Sorghum / white cholam / Jowar – 1 cup
- idli rice – 1 cup
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1/2 cup
- fenugreek seeds / vendhayam – 1/2 tsp
- salt / uppu – 1 tsp
Crispy corn dosa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly wash and soak corn, rice, urad dal and fenugreek seeds in water for 4 hours.
2. Secondly after 4 hours grind it to a fine batter in a wet grinder or mixie. Grind for nearly 30 min and add salt.
3. Thirdly close and keep for fermentation for 4 to 6 hours. If you need it for night dinner, you can prepare this batter in the evening. The level of the batter increases further after fermentation as shown in the photo below.
4. Finally make dosa in a dosa pan. Add two ladle of batter and spread in a circular motion. Sprinkle one tea spoon of oil above and close for one minute
5. Open lid after one minute and remove dosa from dosa pan. You can see golden brown colour in the well cooked portions.
6. Serve along with sambar, chutney or podi. This dosa used to be more crispier than rice dosa.