Cream mushroom soup recipe | Kalan | காளான் சூப் is prepared using mushrooms, chopped onions, garlic, maida flour, butter and fresh cream. I have given the preparation of mushroom soup in easy steps with photos. This is a yummy ? soup with good taste and flavour of mushrooms which everyone will love it.
Soups – Wikipedia . Today let us see about the preparation of a soup using healthy mushrooms. I have used button mushrooms. Follow the steps given below carefully, prepare and enjoy its taste.
Author – Poongodi
Preparation Time – 30 minutes
To Serve – 2 persons
- Butter / vennai – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf / brinji illai – 1
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Garlic cloves / poondu pal – 2-3 number (chopped)
- Mushrooms / kalan – 150 gms
- Maida – 1 tblsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Fresh cream – 2 tblsp
- Pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/4 tsp
1. Heat butter in a pan.
2. Add bay leaf.
3. When it splutters add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for few minutes.
4. When onions turns pale add chopped mushrooms and sauté.
5. Water oozes out from mushrooms at first. Later water will evaporate.
6. Now add maida.
7. Then add water.
8. Next add milk and required salt.
9. Keep in low flame for 10 minutes. Close it with a lid. By this time all vegetables gets cooked and becomes soft.
10. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with fresh cream, pepper powder, few finely chopped spring onions and serve hot.
Other related links in my website