Broken Wheat Upma recipe | Dhalia | கோதுமை ரவை உப்புமா is prepared using wheat rava which is also called as Dalia.It is a healthy and tasty breakfast recipe. We can also add vegetables like carrot, peas, potato and cauliflower to this upma which will be healthy.
Always select medium – sized cracked wheat (Dhalia) for making upma. Fine – sized cracked wheat for making halwa and kheer.
Broken wheat vegetable Upma recipe
Crispy Broken Wheat dosa recipe
Broken Wheat Moong dal recipe
Vegetable Oats Upma recipe
Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- Cracked wheat / Dhalia / godhumai ravai – 1 cup
- water – 3 cups
- onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 number
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- curry leaves / karuvepilai – few
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
1. Dry roast the cracked wheat in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and when it changes golden brown, add chopped onion, slit green chillies and curry leaves. Sauté for 2 minutes and add cracked wheat. Sauté this for a few more minutes.
3. Transfer the content to a pressure cooker with 3 cups of water and cook.
4. Keep it in medium flame for 2 minutes after you get the whistle.
5. When pressure is released open the cooker and add required salt mixed with little water and mix well.
6. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with desired side dish.
If you like this recipe like, subscribe and share this link with your friends.