Corn kebab | Sweet corn cutlet recipe is a tasty dish which can be used as evening snacks, or as starters, or to fill in buns or sandwiches . It’s a very healthy recipe as we add many vegetables in it.
- corn – 2 cups (cooked)
- potatoes – 3 (cooked)
- carrot – 1 (chopped)
- capsicum – 1/2 (chopped)
- Onion – 1/2 (chopped)
- fresh coriander leaves – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- pudhina – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- green chilly – 1 chopped
- lemon juice – 1/2 fruit
- channa dal flour/basen – 1/4 cup
- bread crumbs – 3 tblsp
- pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- Oil – for deep frying
1. Grind cooked corn in a mixie coarsly leaving 1 tblsp to add without grinding.
2. Now mash cooked potatoes, add coarsly ground corn, full corn (which we didn’t grind), channa dal flour/besan, bread crumbs, chopped vegetables, along with pepper powder, salt and lemon juice in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Refrigerate it for 15 minutes. Now make kebabs or cutlets to the shapes you need, after greasing your palms with oil.
4. Put it in a stick as shown in the photo.
5. Deep fry in oil, until all sides are fried to golden brown.
6. Remove from oil and place in a tissue to absorb excess oil.
7. Serve hot with sliced tomatoes,onions, lemon and sauce.
8. If you wish to put it in sandwich make it flat serve along with green chutney and dry chilly masala inside the bun, which we use for Vada Pav
for Other cutlet recipes in my website click on the below links