Coriander Rice recipe | Dhania | Kothamalli sadham is a variety rice prepared using the paste prepared with fresh coriander leaves. It has a good taste and flavour. This is also a perfect lunch box recipe like other variety rice for travelling. Here we prepare it by making a paste of fresh coriander leaves along with ginger and green chillies. Chopped onions are added to improve its taste. Now let us see how to prepare this kothamalli sadham following the method given below.
Preparation Time:- 20 minutes
To Serve – 2 persons
- Rice/ arisi – 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Green chillies – 3 number
- Ginger/ inji – 1 inch (chopped)
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Cook rice separately with required water, and when rice becomes soft, drain excess water and keep aside.
2. Grind coriander leaves, green chillies and ginger together in a mixie with little water into a fine paste.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
4. When it splutters add chopped onion and sauté for few minutes till it turns pale.
5. Now add the ground coriander with salt needed and sauté till the raw smell leaves the pan.
6. When water disappears completely and oil separates, add cooked rice to it and mix without breaking the rice. Now coriander rice is ready. Serve along with desired raita.
For other variety rice in my website click on the link below.