Coconut milk preparation will be useful to prepare coconut milk which we use often in our daily cooking. We need coconut milk for many recipes such as appam, biriyani and few kuzhambu items, and so we can prepare it at home. You should use this coconut milk on the same day itself. I will not recommend refrigerating this coconut milk and using. We use coconut milk in many dishes such as Kerala Appam, Vegetable biriyani with Coconut milk , Chicken Biriyani with Coconut milk, Mushroom coconut milk curry, Fish Coconut milk Kuzhambu and Paal kolukattai.
Coconuts are known for their versatility ranging from food to cosmetics. They form a regular part of the diets of many people in the tropics and subtropics. Coconuts are distinct from other fruits for their endosperm containing a large quantity of water and when immature, may be harvested for the potable coconut water. When mature, we use them as seed nuts or process for oil, charcoal from the hard shell, and coir from the fibrous husk. We call the matured dried nuts as Chopra..
You can use oil and milk derived from coconut in cooking and frying. The coconut also has cultural and religious significance in certain societies, particularly in India, where it is used in Hindu rituals. You can get more details through the link – Coconut Wikipedia.
Coconut milk preparation – Ingredients:-
- coconut – 1 cup (it can be a grated one or cut into pieces)
- water as needed
Coconut milk preparation – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly take one cup of grated coconut.
2. Put it in a mixie jar and grind once.
3. Add little water and grind again to get a fine paste.
4. Secondly pour it in a filter. I have used a muslin cloth above a filter to get thin milk without granules.
5. You can also rinse the mixie jar and filter that water too.
6. Press it using a spoon to extract milk completely. Remove the husk of grated coconut. You can also repeat the processes and extract second milk.
7. Finally now coconut milk will be collected in the bowl below. You can use this coconut milk for various other purposes. You can also add sugar or honey and consume as it is when fresh. It cures mouth and stomach ulcers.