Coconut laddu recipe Condensed milk | Thengai Burfi – quick and easy coconut ladoo with step by step photos were given below. These laddus are often prepared during festivals like Diwali or Ganesh Chathurthi. When refrigerated they stay for 4 to 5 days. Here I have used grated coconut, shredded coconut (dry coconut or Khobra powder) sweetened condensed milk, ghee, pinch of cardomom powder and roasted chopped nuts to decorate.
To make – 8 pieces
- grated coconut – 1 cup (tightly packed)
- ghee – 1 tsp
- sweetened condensed milk – 1/2 cup (any brand)
- cardomom powder / elakkai powder – pinch
- khobra powder – 1/2 cup
1. Heat one tsp of ghee in a fry pan.
2. Add one cup of tightly packed grated coconut to it. Stir well for one or two minutes in low flame till the moisture in it leaves. Do not allow to stick to the pan or turn brown.
3. Now add half a cup of sweetened condensed milk. Stir in low flame for another three to four minutes.
4. When it becomes thick add a pinch of cardomom powder.
5. Keep stirring continuously till it becomes thick. When it starts to leave the sides of the pan and ghee separates, switch off the stove. Cool to room temperature.
6. Now take little amount of this dough in your hands, roll into small balls with your hands to form laddus. Roll the laddus in kobra powder evenly as shown in the photo below.
7. Place the laddus in small muffin cups. You can serve this laddu at once or you can refrigerate it and serve later. It lasts for 4-5 days.
For more Diwali recipes in my website click on the links below