coconut halwa recipe | thengai burfi is one of the simple traditional sweet which can be prepared during festivals. This is also called as 123 cake, the name came by using 1 cup of milk, 2 cups of sugar and 3 cups of grated coconut. This is a very easy sweet for beginners. Use any nuts of your wish for garnishing. Try this delicious traditional easy sweet for this diwali and give your opinion regarding this recipe.
Even more halwa recipes in my website are as follows:-
A short video link for the recipe:-
coconut halwa recipe – Ingredients:- (200 ml cup used)
- grated coconut / thuruviya thengai – 3 cups
- sugar / seeni – 2 cups
- milk / paal – 1 cup
- cardomom powder / elakkai powder – 1/4 tsp
- ghee / nei – 2 tsps
- cashew nuts and pista – few
coconut halwa recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly heat a pan with one tea spoon of ghee and fry the nuts to golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
2. Secondly add grated coconut, sugar and milk to the same pan.
3. Further mix the ingredients and cook well in low or medium flame.
4. Mean while put a butter paper above a plate and grease it with a drop of ghee.
5. When the mixture turns bubbly add cardomom powder and continue cooking in low or medium flame.
6. Finally when the ingredients mix together and becomes thick, halwa will leave the sides of the pan. Switch off the stove at this time.
7. Pour it in the greased plate. Flatten it on the top.
8. Chop the fried nuts and roast in ghee. Sprinkle on top of the halwa. Allow it to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. After 15 minutes when the halwa becomes thick cut it into squares and serve.