Cleaning dosa pan | kitchen tips | Poongodi’s kitchen explains you how to clean a dosa pan. You can clean in this method once in a month so that your pan will be sparkling. Here we use, table salt, baking powder, vinegar and a steel scrubber. This is the best method to keep your dosa pan clean and sparkling.
We have already seen a few kitchen tips such as Tips | Storing green peas for a long period in refrigerator, Tips | Labelling ingredients | Tasty rasam | Cut cucumber, Kitchen tips | Removing sticker | marking cylinder date, Removing tomato skin | kitchen Tips.
Now let us see how to clean a dosa pan in easy steps. I have not cleaned this pan for nearly 6 months. It is very dark. Cleaning dosa pan | kitchen tips | Poongodi’s kitchen
1. First scrap the thick black portion in the pan using a dosa.
2. Heat it in stove. Carefully remove from stove using a cloth. Sprinkle table salt over it.
3. Again sprinkle baking powder over it.
4. Keep your face far away and pour one to two teaspoons of vinegar above it. You will get a pungent smell.
5. Holding the pan with a cloth, scrap the black portions using a scrubber.
6. You can use a steel scrubber and scrub hard to remove the black portion as much as possible.
7. Now you can wash it and clean using any dishwasher. Wipe off the water completely.
8. Apply any oil which you use for making dosa. (Preferably coconut oil)
9. Next day when you use the pan, cut one onion into two pieces and wipe the dosa pan with onion, after heating the pan and before making a dosa.