Chilli paneer recipe | restaurant style with step by step photos. This chilli paneer can be made dry and served as starter or as gravy and served along with chapati or fried rice. This is an indo-chinese starter which is made with indian cottage cheese, capsicum, garlic, spring onions, soya sauce, vinegar and corn flour. We have already prepared few paneer recipes such as Paneer bhurji, Shahi Paneer, Matar Paneer, Paneer Butter Masala, Aloo Paneèr Gravy, Hara Channa Paneer gravy, Coriander Paneer Masala, Palak Paneer gravy and Gobi Paneer Masala.
Now let us see how to prepare chilli paneer.
Ingredients:- (for chilli paneer batter)
- paneer / Indian cottage cheese – 250 grams
- corn flour – 2 tblsp
- maida / all purpose flour – 2 tblsp
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/4 tsp
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- water – as needed
- oil – to fry
Other ingredients for chilli paneer:-
- garlic – 1 tblsp (finely chopped)
- spring onions green – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- spring onions white – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- capsicum / Simla mirchi – 1 (chopped)
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 2 (deseeded)
- soya sauce – 1 tblsp
- vinegar – 1 tblsp
- red chilly powder, corn flour, pepper powder, salt – 1/2 tsp each mixed in water
- Water – as needed
1. Cut paneer into cubes of one inch pieces. Mix corn flour, maida, red chilly powder, pepper powder and salt with little water and make into a batter.
2. Put the paneer cubes in it and let it be coated with the batter.
3. Heat 3-4 tblsp of oil in a fry pan and put the paneer cubes coated with batter one by one. Fry them in medium or low flame till they turn golden and crispy.
4. Remove and keep it in a tissue for removing excess of oil.
5. Remove oil from the pan leaving one tsp. Fry garlic pieces.
6. Next add chopped spring onions white and sauté.
7. When it is fried well, add spring onion greens and fry.
8. Now add chopped capsicum and fry for few minutes.
9. Close and cook in low flame for 2 minutes.
10. Now add one tsp of soya sauce.
11. Next add one tsp of vinegar.
12. Then add the spice and corn flour mixture.
13. Mix well, keep in low flame for one minute and add fried paneer cubes.
14. When it becomes thick, transfer to a plate and serve.
15. To make it into a gravy, mix one tblsp of corn flour, 1/2 tsp of red chilly powder, one tsp of tomato sauce in a bowl. Pour the mixture in a hot pan, bring to boil, add a pinch of salt and pour it into dry chilli paneer and serve along with rice or chapathi.