Chicken momos recipe | chicken dumplings is tasty chicken recipe that can be prepared as evening snacks. Here we make an outer cover with all purpose flour and we stuff the dumplings with chicken. The ingredients used were chicken, chopped onion, coriander leaves, salt, pepper, lemon juice and says sauce.
Other momo recipes are
For outer cover:-
- maida / all purpose flour – 1 cup
- oil – 1 tsp
- baking powder – pinch
- salt – to taste
For filling the momos:-
- boneless chicken – 300 grams
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- ginger-garlic paste / inji-poondu viludhu – 1/2 tsp
- onion – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- fresh coriander leaves – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- pepper powder / milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
- lemon juice – 1 tsp
- soya sauce – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- salt – to taste
1. Mix all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and oil in a bowl, add required water and make a dough. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
2. Cook boneless chicken with turmeric powder, little salt and ginger-garlic paste with half a cup of water in a pressure cooker for one whistle. If the chicken is with bones you can cook, filter water and separate the bones.
3. Finely chop onion and fresh coriander leaves and keep it ready.
4. Put all the ingredients together in a bowl.
5. Mix well using your hands to make the filling.
6. Now take a ball size of maida dough and roll into a circle using a pin. You can use oil or dry flour while rolling. Roll as thin as possible. Cut it into a circle of 4-5 inches diameter using any plate.
7. Make four to five folds on one side end as shown in the photo below.
8. Now fill the center portion with chicken filling.
9. Close the other end and press well until it sticks completely.
10. In the same way make many momos. Cook it under steam in an Idiyappam pan for 10-15 minutes.
11. When momos gets cooked well, open the lid, sprinkle water and remove from pan as you remove idlis.
12. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.