Chicken legs Curd masala recipe | Kozhi kaal thayir Masala is a tasty recipe with chicken legs, curd and spices. This can be used as starters or side dish with rice. Here we cook chicken legs with ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder, salt and curd in vegetable oil.
- Chicken legs (drumstick) – 4 pieces
- Ginger garlic paste/ inji poondu viludhu – 1tsp
- Red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder/ milagu thool – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder/ malli podi – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder/ seeraga podi – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Curd/ thayir – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – 4 tsp
1. Make slanting cuts in leg pieces and clean again. These slanting cuts helps to absorb the spices inside the pieces.
2. Remove skin. Mix all the spices along with curd except oil in a bowl.
3. Marinate leg pieces in the mixture and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
4. Heat 4 tsps of oil in a pan. Put the marinated leg pieces along with the marinated masala.
5. Keep in low or medium flame, close and cook for 10 minutes. Turn the sides of the chicken pieces and masalas in between.
6. Keep the stove in low flame, close and cook for 10 more minutes. When all marinated masala and leg pieces gets cooked, and oil leaves the pan, switch off the stove.
7. Serve along with rice or roti.