Chicken Biriyani Coconut milk recipe | Kozhi Biriyani is prepared with chicken meat and other spices along with coconut milk. It will be appetising & Tasty. Ghee, pudhina, fresh coriander and spices were added for flavour.
To Serve: 5 persons
A short video for the recipe:-
Chicken Biriyani recipe – Ingredients:-
- basmathi rice / biriyani rice – 1 cup
- chicken/ kozhi kari – 1/4 kg (always select chicken with bones for preparing biriyani)
Chicken Biriyani recipe – Ingredients to marinate:-
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- ginger garlic paste / inji poondu paste – 1 tsp
- curd / Thayir – 2 tblsp
- salt / uppu – to taste
Chicken Biriyani recipe – Ingredients to grind:-
- Pearl onions / chinna vengayam – 1/2 cup
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 5 no
- ginger / inji – 1 tblsp
- garlic / poondu – 1 tblsp
Chicken Biriyani recipe – Ingredients for Seasoning:-
- ghee / nei – 2 tblsp
- cinnamon / pattai – 1 inch
- bay leaf / lavanga illai – 1
- cloves / kirambu – 4 number
- cardomom / elakkai – 2 number
- salt / uppu – to taste
- onion / vengayam – 1 cup
- tomato / thakkali – 1 cup
- mint / pudhina – 1 cup
- fresh coriander leaves / malli thalai – 1 cup
Chicken Biriyani recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly marinate chicken for half an hour adding all the marinating ingredients along with required salt.
2. Secondly wash and soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
3. Thirdly grind the ingredients given under to grind. They are pearl onions, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
4. Now heat two table spoons of ghee in a fry pan, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, cardomon. When it splutters add chopped onions and fry.
5. Add chopped tomatoes when the onions turn pale. Fry for 2 minutes and add ground mix of pearl onion, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
6. Similarly add pudina leaves followed by coriander leaves. Then add marinated chicken pieces and fry well.
7. Transfer the fried chicken pieces to a pressure cooker along with 1/2 a cup of water. Cook in low flame for 10 minutes.
8. Now put soaked rice in an electric cooker. Add the half cooked chicken pieces in the pressure cooker. Add coconut milk and so totally 2 cups of liquid for 1 cup of rice.
9. Check for salt and add if needed and cook.
10. Serve this flavourful tasty chicken biriyani with onion raita as side dish.
Biriyani masala powder preparation – you can add one tsp of this biriyani masala powder instead of adding the spices in this recipe