Chicken Biriyani Coconut milk recipe | Kozhi Biriyani is prepared with chicken meat and other spices along with coconut milk. It will be appetising & Tasty. Ghee, pudhina, fresh coriander and spices were added for flavour.
To Serve: 5 persons
- basmathi rice – 1/2 kg (2.5 cups)
- chicken/ kozhi kari – 1/2 kg (always select chicken with bones for preparing biriyani)
- tomatoes – 2 number
- onion – 1 (chop lengthwise)
- coconut milk – 1.5 cups
- cinnamon/ pattai – 1 inch
- bay leaf/ lavanga illai – 1
- cloves/ kirambu – 4 number
- cardomom/ elakkai – 2 number
- ghee – to fry
- salt/ uppu – to taste
- fresh coriander leaves/ malli thalai – 1 cup
- mint/ pudhina – 1 cup
- pearl onion/ sambar onions – 1/2 cup
- green chillies – 8 number
- ginger/ inji – 1 inch
- garlic/ poondu – 6 cloves
- turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1/2 tsp
- red chilli powder/ milagai thool – 1 tsp
- ginger garlic paste/ inji Poondu paste – 1 tsp
- salt/ uppu – 1 tsp
- curd/ thayir/ yoghurt- 1/2 cup.
1. Marinate chicken for half an hour adding all the above ingredients.
2. Soak rice in water for 15 minutes.
3. Heat ghee in a pan, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, cardomon and the ground paste of onion, chillies, ginger and garlic, chopped onions, tomatoes, mint, coriander and finally add marinated chicken and transfer it to a pressure cooker with 1/2 cup of water and keep it in medium flame for 1 whistle.
4. Now after releasing pressure, add rice to the cooker (2.5 tumblers). And totally 4.5 tumblers of water including coconut milk. Mix well and taste it for salt. Add salt if needed before cooking.
5. Pressure cook it just for 10 minutes.
6. Once when pressure is released, garnish with roasted cashews, coriander and serve hot along with any raitha.
Related links in my website are below
Biriyani masala powder preparation – you can add one tsp of this biriyani masala powder instead of adding the spices in this recipe