Chettinad Maavurundai recipe | Moong dal ladoo is a traditional Chettinad sweet prepared with moong dal, sugar and ghee which is offed to the bride-groom from bride’s parents during Chettinad Weddings. This is also prepared during diwali and other festivals. It is very easy to prepare. I have given you the method in easy steps. You can prepare it in small quantities at home.
Chettinad Maavurundai recipe – Ingredients:-
- moong dal / pasi paruppu – 1 cup
- sugar / cheeni – 1 cup
- ghee / nei – 1/2 cup
Chettinad Maavurundai recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. First of all dry roast moong dal till you get a good flavour and the colour of the moong dal changes to golden orange as shown in the photo below.
2. Secondly cool to room temperature and grind it into a fine powder. Grind sugar to a fine powder separately. If you need “maavurundai” in large quantities you can grind both separately in a rice mill. Or else you can grind in your mixie at home and sieve it to get a fine powder.
3. Thirdly combine both the powders well in a bowl using a spoon. Mean while heat ghee in a pan and pour it into the mixture of moong dal and sugar powder when it is still hot.
4. Finally mix well and make ladoos with your hands. If ghee is less you cannot make ladoos and if it is more it will be sticky. This laddu should break at once when you press.
Even more Diwali recipes in my website click on the links below