Chettinad Maangai Vella pachadi is a tasty recipe with raw mango, jaggery and green chillies. It is a very tasty side dish for rice chapathi or bread. We have already prepared few recipes such as Maangai Vella Pachadi recipe with toor dal, Chettinad Maangai Pachadi recipe and Maangai Sadham.
Now let us see how to prepare this yummy maangai pachadi.
Chettinad Maangai Vella pachadi – a short video:-
Chettinad Maangai Vella pachadi – Ingredients:-
- raw mango / maangai – 2 cups (chopped)
- jaggery / vellam – 1 cup (grated)
- green chillies / pachai milagai – 2 number (slit)
- oil – 1 tsp
Chettinad Maangai Vella pachadi – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly scrap the dark green skin of raw mango and chop into cubes. Collect two cups of mango pieces.
2. Secondly grate one cup of jaggery and keep it ready. Slit two green chillies.
3. Thirdly heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add green chillies.
4. Further add chopped raw mango pieces and sauté for few minutes.
5. When mango pieces turns colour and starts sticking to the fry pan add one cup of water.
6. Close and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until mangoes become soft.
7. When the mangoes were well cooked mash the mango pieces along with green chillies to get a smooth paste using a masher.
8. Finally add grated jaggery and mix well.
9. Now the pachadi becomes little watery while jaggery melts. Keep in low flame until it becomes thick like a jam.
10. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve along with rice, chapathi or with bread.
If you like this recipe share with your friends and relatives. Subscribe to receive more such recipes.