Chettinad elaneer payasam recipe | tender coconut kheer is a tasty drink which we prepare with coconut water, coconut milk and condensed milk. This payasam is a popular drink which we serve in almost all Chettinad weddings. We can also use this payasam for neivedhyam to god. We have already prepared few payasams such as Aval payasam, Pineapple Payasam, Semia payasam, Oats payasam, Orange pazha payasam, Carrot Payasam and Javvarisi payasam. Now let us see how to prepare elaneer payasam in easy steps.
Chettinad elaneer payasam recipe – Ingredients:-
- tender coconut / elani – 1
- coconut milk / thengai paal – 1/4 cup
- condensed milk – 1/4 cup (use store bought condensed milk or you can prepare condensed milk at home)
Chettinad elaneer payasam recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly take one tender coconut / elani and separate coconut water and the tender coconut.
2. Secondly grind tender coconut in a mixie and keep it ready.
3. Further take 1/2 cup of milk and boil in low flame to condense it into half the amount.
4. When it condenses into 1/4 cup add 2 tea spoons of sugar. (you can add 4 tea spoons if you need more sweetness)
5. Mean while grind 1/2 a cup of grated coconut in a mixie and extract coconut milk.
6. This is extracted by sieving it through a cloth filter. Press using a spoon to extract coconut milk completely.
7. Now take coconut water in a bowl. Add ground tender coconut to it and mix well.
8. Next add extracted coconut milk.
9. Finally add condensed milk. Sugar is added already to this. This will have mild sweetness. If you need more sweetness you can add more sugar.
10. Mix together well and pour it into glasses. This gives 2 glasses of coconut kheer.
11. You can roast nuts in ghee and add if you wish. We can also refrigerate and serve chilled.
Chettinad elaneer payasam recipe – Variations:-
1. You can use store bought condensed milk instead of making at home.
2. You can avoid adding coconut milk and it can be substituted by adding only condensed milk.