Chettinad Drumstick Chicken Masala recipe | Kozhi kaal is a tasty dish prepared with chicken legs, onion, garlic, spices, rice powder and salt. Chicken leg pieces are marinated for 30 minutes and then fried. Now let us see how to prepare this tasty recipe following the easy steps given below.
- Drumstick chicken (leg pieces) – 5 number
- Turmeric powder/ manjal thool – 1/2 tsp
- Rice powder/ arisi maavu – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon – 1/2 fruit
- Vegetable oil – to fry (approximately 5 tsp)
To grind :-
- Red chilles – 6
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger/ inji – 1 inch piece skin removed and chopped
- Garlic/ poondu – 5 cloves
- Onion – 2 (roughly chopped)
- Curry leaves – 15 (I’ve taken curry leaf powder 1/2 tsp)
1. Ground the spices given under to grind in a mixie adding little water, and keep aside.
2. Make some slanting cuts on both the sides of the leg pieces. (This is to absorb the masalas)
10. Keep the stove in medium flame and close with a lid.
11. After 5 minutes turn the sides and close again. Allow to cook.
12. Check often, turn the sides and allow to cook on all sides.
13. When chicken is fully cooked, turn off the stove. Serve along with rice.
Other chicken leg recipe in my website is Chicken legs Curd masala recipe | Kozhi kaal thayir Masala