Chettinad Adhirasam recipe | South Indian Sweet is a Chettinad sweet prepared with raw rice flour and jaggery. Deep fried in oil and served as evening snacks. This is a yummy sweet Prepared with jaggery. A South Indian sweet usually served during “Diwali” for friends and neighbours. I have given you the preparation in easy steps to follow.
Chettinad Adhirasam recipe – Ingredients:-
- raw rice / pacharisi – 1 kg
- jaggery / vellam – 1 kg
- oil – for deep frying
Chettinad Adhirasam recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly soak raw rice in water for 1 hour, and grind it in a mixie after draining water. Wet rice should be grinded. Seive it into a nice powder with a sieve.
2. Secondly soak jaggery in water and heat it for few minutes. When jaggery completely dissolves in water, sieve it to remove dust if any.
3. Further heat it till it becomes little thick. (Not too thick. Jaggery mix should not dissolve at once when a drop is put in water)
4. Now slowly add rice flour and mix continously. When the dough becomes thick and do not stick to your fingers when touched, it will be the correct stage. Cool down to room temperature and store in a container.
5. Heat oil in a pan along with little vanaspathi (so that it will not dry soon)
6. Take lemon size dough, make it into a ball and flatten it above a polyethene sheet. Deep fry it in oil. First it goes down into the oil. Then it comes up. Now turn the other side.
7. Finally when both the sides turn golden brown, remove from oil. Press tightly with two spoons, to remove excess of oil. Keep it in a tissue to absorb excess of oil.
8. Serve it hot. You can store this for 15 days and use.