Cheppankizhangu Varuval | Arbi fry recipe is a tasty fry prepared it’s this cheppankizhangu a root vegetable. It is first cooked, skin removed and then fried and spices added.
- cheppankizhangu/ arbi – 1/2 kg
- red chilli powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder/ malli podi – 1 tsp
- rice powder/ arisi maavu – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder/ manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- garam masala powder- 1/4 tsp
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- vegetable oil – 1 cup (for deep frying)
1. Cook arbi in a pressure cooker for one whistle with enough water. Cool down to room temperature.
2. Remove skin completely and chop into round slices.
3. Heat one cup of oil in a pan and deep fry sliced arbi for 8-10 minutes. Remove and keep in a bowl.
4. Heat one tsp of veg oil in the pan add cumin seeds, when it splutters add fried arbi and the spices to it. Saute it in low flame for 2-3 minutes until all spices mix well with arbi and till it becomes crispy. Fry some curry leaves and garnish.
Click on the link below for more related recipes in my website