Chepangilangu Masala gravy | Arbi Sabji recipe is a side dish prepared for parathas with arbi also known as taro root with curd, onions, spices and salt. To know about the Taro root click – Health benefits of taro root
Chepangilangu Masala gravy | Arbi Sabji recipe – Ingredients:-
- arbi/ chepangilangu – 1/4 kg
- cumin seeds/ seeragam – 1/2 tsp
- ajwin/ omam – 1/2 tsp
- curd – 1 cup
- red chilly powder/ milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder/ malli podi – 1 tsp
- salt – to taste
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- green chillies – 2 number
- garlic cloves/ poondu – 6 number
1. Cook arbi with required water in a pressure cooker for one whistle. Once pressure is released drain water, cool down and remove skin. Chop into thick circular pieces. Mix red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt in little water.
2. Grind chopped onions, green chillies and garlic into a fine or coarse paste in a mixie. Heat oil in a fry pan, add cumin seeds and ajwin/ omam and when it splutters add ground onions and sauté for few minutes.
3. When onion paste becomes thick and changes colour, add red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt mixed in water to fry pan. Close and cook in low flame till it becomes thick.
4. When it becomes thick add half a cup of water and keep in low flame for one minute. Add chopped arbi to it and mix well. Whisk curd and add little water to it.
5. Now add whisked curd little by little, mix well, close with a lid and keep it in low flame for few minutes. When raw smell leaves and gravy becomes thick leaving oil, switch off flame, transfer to serving bowl and serve with parathas.
Other chepangilangu recipe in my website is Cheppankizhangu Varuval | Arbi fry recipe