Chaat masala powder recipe is easy to prepare at home which will be hygienic with selected ingredients. It is used in all fruit chaats and Mumbai chaat items. Let us see how to prepare this tasty Chaat masala at home. We have already prepared few powder recipes such as home made asafoetida powder, Turmeric powder preparation,
A short video link for the recipe:-
Chaat masala powder recipe – Ingredients:-
- coriander seeds / malli – 4 tblsp
- cumin seeds / seeragam – 2 tblsp
- black pepper / milagu – 1 tblsp
- red chillies / vara milagai – 5 no
- black salt – 1 tblsp
- sea salt – 1 tblsp
- dry mango powder / maangai podi – 1 tblsp
- citric acid – 1/2 tblsp
- asafoetida / perungayam – 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala powder recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly dry roast coriander seeds lightly.
2. Next add black pepper and roast.
3. Then add cumin seeds and roast.
4. Finally add red chillies and roast lightly. The ingredients should not turn colour. We roast these ingredients just to remove the moisture in it. So do not over roast the ingredients. You can also dry well in sunlight and grind.
5. Allow the roasted ingredients to cool down to room temperature by putting them in a plate.
6. Secondly add all the roasted ingredients along with unroasted ingredients such as black salt, sea salt, dry mango powder, citric acid and asafoetida to a mixie jar.
7. Grind the ingredients to a fine powder.
8. Finally sieve the fine powder using a filter and use. You can sprinkle this chaat masala in all chaat items, juices and fruit chaats as well.