Cauliflower Poriyal recipe | காலிப்ளவர் பொரியல் is a very easy to prepare recipe which can also be recommended for beginners and bachelors. Onion, mustard seeds, urad dal, green chilly, curry leaves, grated coconut, salt and cauliflower are the ingredients. Cauliflower has numerous health benefits.
We have already prepared many dishes using cauliflower such as soup, pakoda, side dishes along with mutter, paneer, Palak and many more. Today let us prepare a simple Poriyal which can be used as side dish along with rice.
- cauliflower – 1/4 kg
- grated coconut – 2 tblsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – 1 tsp
- mustard seeds / kadugu – 1/2 tsp
- urad dal / ulundham paruppu – 1 tsp
- onion – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- green chilly – 1 (slit)
- curry leaves / karuveppilai – few
1. Remove the florets in to small pieces.
2. Put it in boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes, till the florets are cooked well and becomes soft when touched.
3. Drain water if any through a sieve.
4. Heat oil in a fry pan. Add mustard seeds and when it splutters add urad dal and asafoetida. Next add chopped onions, green chilly and curry leaves.
5. Now add cooked cauliflower florets along with required salt. Saute for few minutes, and add grated coconut.
6. Switch off the stove, transfer to a serving bowl and serve as side dish along with rice.
For more cauliflower recipes click on the link below