Cauliflower Masala gravy recipe | Gobi Sabji is a tasty side dish prepared with cauliflower, onion, tomato, ginger, garlic, spices, cashew nuts and salt. This gravy is prepared in restaurant style, which will be very tasty to use as side dish for parathas. Can click on health benefits of cauliflower for more information about it.
Cauliflower Masala gravy recipe – Ingredients:-
- Cauliflower / gobi – 1/4 kg
- onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- tomatoes – 1 cup (chopped)
- ginger / inji – 1 inch piece
- garlic / poondu – 4 (chopped)
- cashew nuts / mundhiri paruppu – 8 number
- Oil – 1 tsp
- cinnomon / pattai – 1/2 inch stick
- cloves / kirambu – 3 number
- cardomom / elakkai – 2 number
- red chilly powder / milagai podi – 1 tsp
- coriander powder / malli podi – 1 tsp
- turmeric powder / manjal podi – 1/4 tsp
- garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
- salt – to taste
- kasuri methi – for garnishing
Cauliflower Masala gravy recipe – Method of preparation:-
1. Firstly boil chopped onion in a cup of water. Drain water and cool down.
2. Secondly boil 2 cups of water and put the cauliflower florets in it. Close and keep it for 10 minutes. Drain water and keep it ready.
3. Thirdly grind onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and cashewnuts without adding water to a fine paste.
4. further heat one tea spoon of oil in a fry pan and add cinnomon stick, cloves and cardomom.
5. When it splutters add onion, tomato puree.
6. Sauté for few minutes till raw smell goes off. Then add red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. Sauté until it begins to smell good.
7. finally add cauliflower florets and sauté for few minutes.
8. Add one cup of water and garam Masala powder. Close with a lid and cook in medium flame for 10 minutes.